To fight against (something) : to try to stop or prevent (something). : to remain strong against the force or effect of. Join this day of resistance for Dontre, Sandra, and in solidarity marking the one year since the murder of Mike Brown.#SolidarityWithFerguson #Resist
The House of Representatives is voting today to make all VA employees at-will. In addition to stripping due process rights from 350,000 VA workers, there is a danger of similar efforts spreading to entire federal government.
Please take 5 minutes to call your member of Congress at 855-976-5397. Tell your Representative to vote NO on H.R. 1994.
We have sent you this email because we know we can count on you. You have contacted your lawmakers in the past and you know how important these rights are for government employees. With your help, we can save due process for VA workers.
Please act NOW to stop these bills from becoming law. Call your lawmaker at 855-976-5397 and tell them: protect due process rights for VA workers and vote NO on H.R. 1994!
Thank you for all that you do.
From Greece to Puerto Rico to Spain and Across the US workers are fighting back against the austerity being imposed the banks and financial institutions.
Thousands of households face foreclosure and eviction in neighborhoods already devastated by years of predatory mortgage lending by the banks. Some 25,000 families are facing water shutoffs while the banks got paid $537 million on interest rate swindles. Schools are shuttered while property taxes are diverted to pay off debt service to the banks. Youth face joblessness and the school to prison pipeline. If they have a job it does not pay enough to live on.
THE BANKS OWE US FOR DESTROYING OUR COMMUNITIES!
* Stop police killings and brutality – jail killer cops; Black, Brown, Native, LGBTQ lives matter!
* Stop the school to prison pipeline—no to the New Jim Crow
* $15 minimum wage
* Health care for all—single payer now
* Stop tax and mortgage foreclosures – Demand Hardest Hit Homeowners funds be released to keep people in their homes
* Stop mass water shutoffs and theft of Detroit’s water department
* Stop destruction of public schools and Emergency Manager dictatorship
* Protest pension cuts, wage/benefit cuts and union busting
* Protest lack of public lighting
* Demand world class public mass transportation and paratransit services, for people with disabilities!
* Shut down Enbridge’s oil Line 5 under the Great Lakes, no tar sands oil, ban fracking, stop Marathon’s environmental racism—System change not climate change!
* Protest jailing of Benton Harbor’s Rev. Edward Pinkney, victim of a racist frame-up!
* Full employment now. Make the banks pay for a $2 billion program to put our youth to work rebuilding the city!
Partial list of endorsers: Moratorium NOW Coalition (Moratorium-Mi.org); Detroit Active & Retired Employees Association-DAREA; Fight Imperialism, Stand Together-FIST; Michigan Emergency Committee Against War & Injustice (MECAWI.org); Wisconsin Bail Out The People Movement, Workers World Party (workers.org); Stand Up Now!.
“…The relations between the Palestinian and Venezuelan people have very deep historical and political roots and no one can divide them. The only “scammers and swindlers” are the private owners of “El Nacional” newspaper attempting to trade the Palestinian students in Venezuela for its objectives in local elections and to speculate on the Palestinian cause in an electoral climate that is unfavorable to reactionary, right-wing and pro-Zionist forces. We are confident that the attempts of “El Nacional” are doomed to fail and they will face another defeat in the National Assembly elections next 6 December.
Viva la Lucha Antiimperialista – Anti-sionista!
Viva la Amistad entre Palestina y Venezuela!
Patria …. socialismo …. o Muerte!
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – Venezuela Organization