Car Caravan to Madison to Demand Health Be Placed Over Profits
Wisconsinites want safe, healthy, and equitable schools and communities! Wisconsin education workers will lead a car caravan to the Capitol to demand Wisconsin State Health Secretary Palm and other elected leaders and government officials do their job! Join the car caravan starting in Kenosha and ending in Madison to demand…
• No in-person schooling until scientific and public-health data supports it
• Police-free schools
• All schools must be supported to function as community schools with adequate numbers of counselors and nurses
• Safe conditions including lower class sizes, PPE, cleaning, testing, and other key protocols
• Equitable access to online learning
• Support for our communities and families, including a moratorium on evictions/foreclosures, direct cash assistance to those unable to work, and other critical social needs
• Moratorium on new charter or voucher programs
• Massive infusion of federal money to support the reopening funded by taxing the billionaires and Wall Street
The car caravan will start in Kenosha at 9:30am and move to Racine by 10:30am, Milwaukee at 11:30am and Madison by 1pm.
Turn your car into a moving billboard with messages that support the demands above. Remember this is a socially distanced event and we want participants to ride alone and not with others.
This action is being hosted by Kenosha Education Association, Leaders Igniting Transformation, Madison Teachers Incorporated, Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association, Rea-Reaa Unity, Voces de la Frontera, Youth Empowered in the Struggle (YES).
All educators, parents and communities MUST contact their Senators https://educationvotes.nea.org/issue/covid-19/ to demand the resources we need to keep students, staff, families and communities safe. Congress has a national responsibility to act. We support affiliates building coalitions and local support to ensure safe, equitable school re-openings. https://www.demandsafeschools.org We want every student back in school, but only when it’s safe!