401 N Washington Street, Green Bay, 10 A.M.
“….Can this movement against the crisis at the southern border extend to recognizing the need to demonstrate solidarity with migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East?
Only time will tell.
But unless the movement can be sustained, unless the people of this country can commit to a very long haul, not only will many stolen children never be reunited with their families, but the urgent care needed to counter the catastrophic trauma they have experienced may never be given.
In addition, the necessary and earned amnesty or permanent residency for refugees, especially from Central America, may never be won.
That is why it must be asked at this historic juncture: Can the current crisis on the border unite every sector of the working class to continue to push until victory? That would be a win not just for migrants, but for us all….” Workers World Party
Hosted by Gaia Coalition Network
438 S Stuart Rd., Smolenski Park, Mount Pleasant, 12 NOON – 5 p.m.
1031 S 9th Street, Walker Square Park, 6 P.M.
The Trump Administration has been running a terror campaign against immigrants in the United States. Most recently this has meant the separation of children from their families at the border. Join YPRC as we rally and demand:
1. An end to the Trump Administration’s zero-tolerance policy on the imprisonment of immigrants.
2. The right of families to remain united throughout the entire process of petitioning for asylum.
3. For Anselmo Villarreal to step down from his current position as Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Southwest Key Program (SKP) and publicly denounce the separation of children from their families under the current administration’s policy.
La Administración de Trump ha estado llevando a cabo una campaña de terror contra los inmigrantes en los Estados Unidos. Recientemente, esto se ha significado la separación de niños y sus padres en la frontera. Únase a YPRC a a exigir:
1. El fin de la política de cero tolerancia de la Administración de Trump sobre el encarcelamiento de inmigrantes.
2. El derecho de las familias a permanecer unidas durante todo el proceso de solicitud de asilo.
3. Que Anselmo Villarreal renuncie a su puesto actual como Vicepresidente de la Junta Directiva del Southwest Key Program (SKP) y denuncie públicamente la separación de los niños de sus familias bajo la política actual de la administración.
Hosted by Chicago Workers World Party
Marxist Leninist Study Group: Gay Edition!
Reading: Roots of Lesbian and Gay Oppression by Bob McCubbin
**Invite Friends and Comrades**
Marxist-Leninist Study Group is a discussion series for people hoping to learn more about socialism.
It is held the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of every month at the Chicago Solidarity Center, light snacks and beverages provided.
If you are not available in person, there will be a fb live stream available that will be posted in the event.
NOTE: Do not feel like you have to come to the event knowing everything – it is okay to sit, listen, and learn. ♥
For the 19th edition of Marxist Leninist Study Group, we will be reading Roots of Lesbian and Gay Oppression – Bob McCubbin (1-14, 33-45, 69-96)