From Oakland to Los Angeles, educators are dedicated to providing the quality public education every child deserves, regardless of their zip code. Educators will not stop until their students have the resources they need to succeed, including:
- Smaller class sizes
- More nurses, librarians, counselors and psychologists
- Less testing and more teaching
- Safer schools
- Stronger oversight and regulation of charter schools
- Support for community schools
- Competitive wages to keep quality educators from being priced out of living where they teach
- Adequate funding
Educators want to be in the classroom with their students. Yet far too many are challenged to teach with dwindling resources, deteriorating schools, and class sizes that prevent them from giving each child the attention they deserve. Administrators unable to recognize that schools are not banks, and children are more than test scores have cut resources and ignored educators for far too long. The national #RedForEd movement has unified educators to fight back for their students. Across California, educators are boldly proclaiming: “We Are Red For Ed, and our students deserve better!”
Demanding change is bold and it can be a difficult choice to make. Educators on the front line need our solidarity and support more than ever. The fight is happening in LA and Oakland. Take time today to send them a message of encouragement.
Please add a personal message of support in the comment box. We’ll be sending these messages to educators leading this fight in their communities.
Want to take it a step further?
- Wear Red for Ed in solidarity with Los Angeles and Oakland educators on January 11, 2019.
- Share your support on social media using #RedForFed #WeAreCTA #WeAreLA #WeAreOEA