61 South Main Street, Janesville, WI, 6-9 P.M.
On Sept 26th a Just Cause standard ordinance had its first reading at the Rock County Board of Supervisors meeting. In the past six weeks it was introduced, assigned to the Staff Committee and recommended to the full board from that committee. It is expected to be voted on at the next County Board meeting on October 10th
*Please wear green and join us.
*Let your County Supervisor know to VOTE YES before the meeting
*ROCK CO RESIDENTS Sign the online petition
*Things can change quickly, keep undated on this event page
What is Just Cause?
Just Cause is a standard to ensure fairness in the workplace used around the world. It is a standard element in union contracts. All fire fighters, law enforcement and most transit workers employed by local government in Rock County currently have this protection in their contracts. We need it for all Rock Co employees.
The Seven Steps of a Just Cause Disciplinary Standard
• Was the employee forewarned of the consequences of his or her actions?
• Are the employer’s rules reasonably related to business efficiency and performance the employer might reasonably expect from the employee?
• Was an effort made before discipline or discharge to determine whether the employee was guilty as charged?
• Was the investigation conducted fairly and objectively?
• Did the employer obtain substantial evidence of the employee’s guilt?
• Were the rules applied fairly and without discrimination?
• Was the degree of discipline reasonably related to the seriousness of the employee’s offense and the employee’s past record?
Why do we need an ordinance at the county level?
The vast majority of public service workers lost the ability to negotiate a contract when ACT 10 passed the legislature in 2011. No contract; no Just Cause.
Labor Day 2019 in Milwaukee