Join LIT and MTEA in solidarity for this National Day of Resistance as we demand safe, healthy, and equitable schools and communities!
• No in-person schooling until scientific and public-health data supports it
• Police-free schools
• All schools must be supported to function as community schools with adequate numbers of counselors and nurses
• Safe conditions including lower class sizes, PPE, cleaning, testing, and other key protocols
• Equitable access to online learning
• Support for our communities and families, including a moratorium on evictions/foreclosures, direct cash assistance to those unable to work, and other critical social needs
• Moratorium on new charter or voucher programs
• Massive infusion of federal money to support the reopening funded by taxing the billionaires and Wall Street
NOTE: FOR YOUR SAFETY, PLEASE DRIVE BY, TAKE PICTURES, AND/OR WATCH THE LIVESTREAM. DO NOT SHOW UP IN PERSON.