In response to the attempted murder of Jake Blake, B.L.A.K. is demanding the following with the support of a broad coalition of Black led organizations, politicians and concerned community members:
1. Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Gravely shall immediately arrest and charge the four officers who were present on the scene of the attempted murder of Jake Blake.
2. The Kenosha Police Department, shall immediately release any and all available footage of the attempted murder of Jake Blake.
3. The immediate termination of Chief Daniel Miskinis.
4. By December 31, 2020 at 12:00am when the 2021-2022 budget enters into effect, The City of Kenosha shall work to establish a Citizens Review Board with Subpoena Power and have this body, made up of diverse community members with no ties to city employees, have the ability to hold officers accountable for wrongdoing.
5. By December 31, 2020 at 12:00am when the 2021-2022 budget enters into effect, The City of Kenosha shall have begun the process of hiring more Black officers that come from within the city Kenosha. Our community should be served by our own.
6. By December 31, 2020 at 12:00am when the 2021-2022 budget enters into effect. the city shall begin the process of de-funding police and investing in community in the following ways:
Jobs- We want an investment in programs that create jobs that will allow Black citizens of Kenosha to thrive. This includes the development of skills/trade building programs in high-school.
Healthcare- an investment in the overall well being and mental health of the Black residents of Kenosha County, working with the County Health Department to achieve this goal. If Kenosha County has declared racism a public crisis. We need results.
Education- The creation of a privately Black owned early childhood education center.