Hosted by Black Lives Are Sacred MKE
Join us for our sixteenth public witness in support of racial justice and the dignity of the human person. We are grateful to Dominican High School for hosting our witness!- We will gather at 5:30 in front of Dominican on Silver Spring.
– We will begin a welcome and then comments and a prayer led by members of the Dominican community.
– We will then spread out to all four corners of the intersection with our signs, sharing our message with all passing by.
– If you’re not able to stand for an hour, feel free to bring a chair!
– At 6:00, we will kneel for 8 minutes and 46 seconds of silence, in remembrance of George Floyd and all who have lost their lives. We encourage everyone to take this time to silently pray for justice and healing.
– Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
– Chalk will be available to decorate the sidewalks if you would like.
– This is a peaceful, family-friendly event. We encourage you to bring your kids!
– Signs with faith-based messages are especially encouraged.
Extra signs will be available for you to borrow if you don’t have one of your own.This event is organized by an informal group of Catholic lay people, and we warmly welcome all who want to stand up for the sacredness of Black lives.
This is an ongoing event every Thursday at 5:30, with different locations each week, so stay tuned for future opportunities to stand with us!If you would like to stay in the loop about future events, please sign up for our email list here: http://eepurl.com/hchFfT and like our public FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/blacklivesaresacredmke.