MATU is calling for a phone/email/text blast against landlord Collin Kappl who owns K1/2 Properties and is threatening his tenant Karianne with eviction if she does not accept a substantial rent increase.
We urge everyone to contact Kappl, multiple times throughout the day and through multiple mediums to convey MATU’s demands:
1) Allow Karianne to stay in her unit until May 31st, 2021 at the rent of $825.00
2) We demand that you work to remove snow and ice immediately after snow falls to alleviate dangerous conditions that can negatively impact your tenants, as well as work to maintain an ice-free pathway around the building throughout winter.
3) We demand that there be an after hours or maintenance number or email that tenants can contact in case of emergencies, as things happen outside of the hours of 9am-6pm Monday-Saturday.
4) We demand that ALL notices left on doors stop immediately, as this is not an adequate form of notification nor communication. This does not inform tenants in a timely manner, especially when there is a threat of vehicles being towed. Text or email MUST be used for all communications moving forward.
5) That you allow her and the other tenants to live in the current unit, without harassment and retaliation.Kappl can be called/texted at 262-951-8572 and emailed at email@example.com
The aim is to disrupt this landlord’s day and force him to meet our demands. Rent increases at a time when tens of thousands of people in Milwaukee are behind on rent is the epitome of greed and apathy.