This is a placeholder.
Save the Dates!
This is all subject to change. Collaborators, ideas, and resources welcome!
Democracy Tour – Superior to Ashland
Aug. 5 – Aug 7
Superior to Ashland Caravan to Honor the Treaties, Stop Line 5, and Build a Movement for People, Peace, and Planet.
Confirmed Details will be here soon.
Possible Plan & Schedule (Please check back for firmed up plans in the coming days.):
* Friday 8/5 – Potluck Feast to Honor Treaties, Treaty Walkers, and Water Protectors in Superior at Wisconsin Point.
* Saturday, 8/6 (Hiroshima Day – an international day to resist nukes and promote peace.) Caravan to Red Cliff Nation
5:55 am – Sunrise Ceremony at Wisconsin Point in Superior, WI
6:00 am – Potluck Community Breakfast at Wisconsin Point
8:30 am – Caravan Departure
* Various stops along the costal route to Red Cliff.
* Possible gathering with Red Cliff Nation in celebration of our solidarity in defending democracy and the treaties! Potluck Feast!
* Possibly Camping and Sunset Ceremony
* If we are able to camp in Red Cliff, Sunday morning could include:
* 5:55 am – Sunrise Ceremony
* 9:00 am – Potluck Community Breakfast
Late morning or early afternoon – Caravan Departure to Ashland
Stop in Bayfield
* Community Feast & Sunset Ceremony in an Ashland park followed by an free outdoor movie Faultline: Wisconsin’s Mining Standoff – a documentary about the people’s victory over the the GTAC Mine in the Penokee Hills about a decade ago.
For more info or to help with organizing/promotion, call Tim at 608-630-3633