Help stand up to anti-trans hate by calling now! 1 262 547-0201
Parents on Patrol Wisconsin is hosting an anti-transgender propaganda event called “Stolen Innocence” at the Inglewood Hotel in Pewaukee, WI. The event is co-sponsored by the national nonprofit group No Left Turn in Education. Both groups claim to want to educate parents about the “insidious ideology infecting your children’s education” and that public schools are “sexually grooming students.”
Event flier for the “Stolen Innocence” anti-transgender hate panel on 1/26/2023 at the Ingleside Hotel in Pewaukee, WI
The so-called panel of experts includes Marissa Darlingh, the former Milwaukee Public Schools counselor who was fired last September for threatening, intimidating, and abusive comments she made at an April 23, 2022 anti-trans rally in Madison, WI.
Marissa Darlingh was fired in September 2022 over a speech she made regarding “gender identity ideology” at an anti-trans hate rally in Madison, Wisconsin.
In a video of the gathering posted to YouTube, Darlingh identifies herself by name and as a Milwaukee Public Schools elementary counselor and says “f— transgenderism,” as well as the following comments:
“On my dead f——- body will my students be exposed to the harms of gender identity ideology. Not a single one of my students under my f—— watch will ever, ever transition socially and sure as hell not medically.”
Darlingh also stated she would not refer to transgender and nonbinary students by their chosen names and personal pronouns. Despite losing her job and potentially having her counseling license revoked, Darlingh says she stands by her comments.
Marissa Darlingh has also been recently identified as
working with the Northern Illinois Proud Boys
Other panel experts include:
- Cory Brewer, from the Wisconsin Institute Law and Liberty (WILL), the right-wing legal and political action committee whose lies helped fuel town-wide bomb threats in Kiel, WI last year. WILL is also behind the racist and anti-worker attacks on having historical truth taught in public schools and has funded and advised campaigns of right-wing school board candidates.
- Jaimee Michell, founder of the far-right hate group Gays Against Groomers.
- Jeannette Cooper, founder of the Chicago-based anti-trans activism group Partners for Ethical Care. Cooper’s transphobia is so severe she lost custody of her transgender child four years ago.
- Many of these organizations are funded by the right-wing Milwaukee-based Bradley Foundation. WILL is the legal arm of Bradley. Bradley – with its eugenics ideology – is behind most of the attacks on poor and working people in Wisconsin over the past four decades including assisting with the implementation of Jim Crow anti-union laws such as Act 10 and Right-To-Work-For-Less and the elimination of many prevailing wage laws. Bradley also assisted in the destruction of AFDC and opposes other social safety nets such as Unemployment and Social Security Insurance. https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Lynde_and_Harry_Bradley_Foundation
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Call The Ingleside Hotel at 262.547.0201.
When prompted, select RESERVATIONS and ask to speak to the Hotel Manager. DO NOT be rude to the hard-working receptionist! This event is not their fault, so remain polite and direct all your comments to the Hotel Manager. Here’s a suggested script of what you might say:
“Hello, I’m calling to encourage the Ingleside Hotel to reject bigotry and cancel the “Stolen Innocence” event that you are hosting on January 26th. This event is being put on by Gays Against Groomers and other anti-LGBTQ+ hate groups who sow fear and disinformation in our communities. Their actions cause direct and serious harm to queer and transgender youth and their families. Please do the right thing and cancel the booking for this event.”
You can also email this same message to email@example.com.
- Buy out the tickets for the event.
This option limits how much money the panel can receive for this event, and prevents their anti-trans hate and propaganda from reaching new audiences in our community. General admission tickets are $12.24 each (including fees) and can be purchased through this Eventbrite link. Each ticket purchased is a form of disruption that shows transphobia is not welcome here.
- Protest in Person on 1/26/2023.
Show up on Thursday, January 26 by 4:45 PM at the Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Road Pewaukee, WI 53072. If you are a medic, can be on jail support, or have security experience, please speak up! We HAVE to show the Christofascists they are not welcome in our communities. We CAN and WILL overwhelm their hate!
More details on this option will follow. Stay tuned!