As a prelude to our International Week of Action, join us in this seminar to add your voice to hundreds of others from over 29 countries who have expressed their support for the Santa Marta 5 who were arbitrarily detained on January 11, 2023!
Details: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 5PM EDT (Register here)
With participation from:
- Vidalina Morales, Board member of Social & Economic Development Association of Santa Marta (ADES), El Salvador
- Pedro Cabezas, Coordinator of the Central American Alliance against Mining (ACAFREMIN) and liaison of the International Allies Against Mining in El Salvador
- Luis Parada, International Lawyer that represented El Salvador in the successful 2016 arbitration case at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
You will learn about the Santa Marta 5 and how their story is connected to the broader struggle of the Salvadoran people for peace and water. You will learn how to become an ally in defending the Salvadoran Peace Agreement and protect the nation’s water. This webinar is organized by the International Allies against mining in El Salvador and will take place in Spanish and English with simultaneous interpretation.
More background information is available on our Facebook invite.
Event endorsed by:
- Americas Policy Group/Groupe d’orientation politique pour les Amériques
- Institute for Policy Studies (IPS)
- International Allies Against Mining in El Salvador
- MiningWatch Canada
- PSAC Social Justice Fund / Fonds de justice sociale de l’AFPC
- The United Church of Canada
- Committee for Human Rights in Latin America (CDHAL)
- SHARE Foundation
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas – Justice Team
- Washington Ethical Society (WES)
- Advocacy for Human Rights in the Americas
- Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA)
- International Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines (ICHRP Canada)
- Doctors for Global Health
- Pax Christi International