Join the Freedom Youth Squad in celebrating the Dignity in Schools National Week of Action Against School Pushout. Our youth delivered a historic victory and forced MMSD to unanimously end the contract with the Madison police department.
We won, but we aint done fighting to end violence against Black youth and youth of color We are demanding:
- the in addition to completely removing police from our schools, we are demanding
- Create a youth and community led accountability process for school personnel who use police to harm children.
- Invest in the leadership, wellness, and creativity of Black youth and youth of color,
- Use transformative justice instead on punishing youth
- Give youth, parents, and trusted adults real decision making power over schools