Please wear masks and social distance.
February 13: King/North Special Stand for Peace to Stop the War in Yemen
Saturday, February 13, 2021, Noon to 1 PM
Martin Luther King Drive and North Avenue
Special Stand for Peace in 2018 to Stop the Saudi War in Yemen
“Yemen is the World’s Worst Humanitarian Crisis”
- As a result, nearly 18 million Yemenis – or 2 out of every 3 people – don’t know where their next meal is coming from.
- Over 85,000 children might have died of hunger since the bombings began in 2015.
- “For every child killed by bombs and bullets, dozens are starving to death — and it’s entirely preventable.”
- The overall economic collapse, exacerbated by limited function of airports and seaports, has pushed the prices of basic goods out of reach for most, worsening hunger and inequality.
- More than 100,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in Yemen in the last few years, according to a new assessment, a figure six times higher than previous estimates.
- There have been more than 1.1 million cases of cholera
- 22.2 million people in Yemen need some kind of humanitarian or protection assistance.
- Estimated over 18 million Yemenis are food insecure-8.4 million people are severely food insecure and at risk of starvation.
Endorsed by- Veterans for Peace- Milwaukee Chapter 102, Islamic Society of Milwaukee, Chicago Peace Action, United Nations Association of Milwaukee, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom- Milwaukee, Latin American Solidarity Committee