Dear Water Protectors and Organizational and Individual Supporters of the March Forth to Earth Day Project,
Thank you for all that you have done to make this project the success that it is. We have grown to be over 64 other groups with over 225 individual signers to our mass sign-on endorsement letter.
Please review our list of individual and organizational supporters and think about about what other groups and individuals you might like to invite to join this list.
Sign on to our endorsement letter, here.
Sign on as a cosponsoring group, here.
Our eight-week project has come halfway to Earth Day. For four straight Fridays, in over 18 communities across Wisconsin, people have endured very cold, wet, and windy weather so that they could help to sound the alarm and help Wisconsin face the fact that we are in a climate emergency.
It is time for Governor Evers and all leaders at all levels of government to declare a climate emergency.
It is time to divest from the economic systems that fund the expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure.
It is time to honor the treaties and employ thousands of people with good paying jobs to remove the old, leaky pipelines from the treaty protected lands of the First Nations Peoples.
It is time for us to face the fact that the climate can’t wait. We owe it to the young and generations yet to come to do what must be done to stop and reverse the climate crisis.
Please continue to support and spread this movement by doing any number of the following:
- Show up for one of the next four March Forth to Earth Day Actions leading up to and including Earth Day. You can likely find an action in your part of Wisconsin on this schedule.
- Help to start a new March Forth to Earth Day Action somewhere. All you need are a few friends, some signs, and a place to meet at either noon or 5:00pm on an upcoming Friday through Earth Day.
- Help to stop the proposed Line 5 expansion project. Send a comment to the WI DNR by going to this site. It will only take a moment. Deadline for submitting comments is April 15th.
- Order postcards to send to the WI DNR. We send them to you, you get your people to sign them and then you can send them in a bunch to the DNR. (We can help with postage if you need it.) Order postcards here.
- Learn more tonight, Saturday, March 26th, at the March Sustainable Saturday Night. At this SSN, activists that are working around the state and the great lakes region to support the Indigenous-led movement to stop Line 5 and make Wisconsin a climate justice “turning point state” will lead the discussion. Join us at 6:00 PM via Zoom. Register here: tinyurl.com/MarSSNReg
- Tomorrow, Sun. March 27, the March Forth to Earth Day Project, treaty rights and our building unity against the extractive economy will be the theme of Echo Valley Hope’s Widening the Circle program at 2:00pm. Register in advance for this meeting:
- Get involved with our statewide March Forth to Earth Day Team. We are meeting on Tuesday nights at 7:00pm via zoom. If you can’t make this meeting but would still like to get involved, call Tim at 608-630-3633.
Also, if you can, join us this coming Monday, March 28th at 4:30 pm at the State St. Corner of the Capitol Square. We will build unity with the Wisconsin Poor People’s campaign as we build momentum towards the Poor People’s Campaign March on Washington on June 18th.
5:00 Brief March
6:00 Inspiring stories and words at First United Methodist Church with PPC National Co-chair, Rev. Liz Theoharis and others.
*** Please RSVP at: https://actionnetwork.org/…/june-18th-mobilization-tour…**
Save the Date: May 5th – In Superior, WI.
.“Red Dress for MMIWg2S Great Lakes Campaign” (MMIWg2S Families Established 2021 in the Twin Ports)
Please join the ongoing list of locations in the Great Lakes and Statewide supporting the Red Dress for MMIWg2S Campaign with Red Dress Public Awareness Art and Posters sharing Important Data
Contact Rene Ann Goodrich firstname.lastname@example.org
With hopes of seeing you soon!