Madison –Thursday afternoon at the State St. side of the Capitol, two dozen activists gathered to kick off the “Your Democracy Needs You” tour.
The tour, which will visit 30 communities all over Wisconsin in the next 90 days, is designed “inspire and motivate voters’ and to hammer home the need for “peace, justice, sustainability, and democracy,” as the sign said on the enormous van that will be going around the state.
- June 23-26: Ho-Chunk; Custer/Stevens Point
- June 27-July 2: Oneida; Green Bay; Door County
- July 3-4: Manitowoc; Sheboygan
- July 5-12: Brotherton; Fond du Lac; Oshkosh; Appleton
- July 13-14: Wausau
- July 15-28: Stockbridge-Munsee; Menominee; Forest County; Potawatomi; Mole Lake; Ojibwe; Rhinelander; Minocqua
- July 28-August 10: Lac du Flambeau Ojibwe; Bad River Ojibwe; Red Cliff Ojibwe; Ashland; Superior
- August 11-16: Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe; St. Croix Ojibwe; Rice Lake; River Falls; Menomonie; Eau Claire
- August 17-22: Ho-Chunk; Tomah; Viroqua; Richland Center
- August 23-31: Reedsburg; Baraboo; Ho-Chunk; Sauk City; Mt. Horeb
- September 1-8: Monroe; Beloit; Janesville; Elkhorn; Burlington
- September 9-16: Kenosha; Racine; Milwaukee Suburbs
- September 17-24: Milwaukee; Waukesha County; Jefferson County; Madison