These are exciting times. The Democracy Tour is finding amazing people and we are building unity together. Whether you are preparing for a tour stop in your part of the state, or you would like to support the tour as we visit another areas of Wisconsin, we invite you to join our weekly 7:00 PM Monday Night Democracy Tour Meeting via Zoom, whenever you can:
Meeting ID: 992 4503 1795
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,99245031795# US (Chicago)
Any phone: +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
*** Please help us to spread the word about these two upcoming pro-treaty/anti-Line 5 actions and sign on to the endorsement letter for the Treaty People Convergence on Aug. 5th – 7th. (See below.)
Join us in supporting both of these actions in any way that you can. At the very least, sign on and share our endorsement letter that is pasted below.
A few things:
- Please join us in signing on to this letter in support of the August 5 – 7, 2022 Treaty People Convergence! Here is the link for signing this letter electronically: https://tinyurl.com/TPConvergenceEndorse.
- More information about the convergence and gatherings throughout the weekend can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/TPConvergenceAbout.
- Starting on the eve of, and then morning of Hiroshima Day (Aug 6) groups and individuals from across the region will converge in a call for peace, honoring of treaties, and the cessation of pipeline activities. Our convergence will then journey along the most coastal route of the Bayfield Peninsula. We will camp on or near the lands of the Red Cliff and Bad River Ojibwe people.
- We are calling on all people to join us in honoring treaties, protecting our water and land, stopping Line 5, ending the epidemic of missing and murdered indigenous people, and giving the next generation hope for a livable future.
- Please share information about the Treaty People Convergence as a Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/1VZJCdzcc.
Water is Life!
Miigwech (Thank You) for your support!
- Please copy and share this letter as widely as you can. Frequently updated list of signers and endorsers can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/TPCEndorseLetterSigners.
*** Affiliations listed after names are for identification purposes and don’t necessarily signify endorsement by that group.***
Rene Ann Goodrich 715-919-3440
Timothy Cordon 608-630-3633
Debra Topping, RISE Coalition
Rene Ann Goodrich, Native Lives Matter Coalition
Timothy Cordon, Building Unity
Judith Brey, Reedsburg Area Concerned Citizens
Mark Taylor, Citizen
Sharon Coombs, Earth
Justin, Novotney, Great Turning CWF
Charles Uphoff, Building Unity
John Peck, Family Farm Defenders – Executive Director
Shannon Sloan-Spice, Water Protectors of Milwaukee
Jill Ferguson, Peace Action of Wisconsin, Water Protector
Carl Sack, Twin Ports DSA, Northwoods Socialist Collective
Ellen Ferwerda, Citizen, Treaty Person, Water Protector, Wisconsin Resident