Hosted by Stop the Takeover of MPS
On Monday, April 3, we would like to encourage parents, students, community members, educators, etc. to gather in front of one of their local public schools and encourage others to #GoPublic.
· Gather before school, after school, or whenever is most convenient for your community. This event could last as little as 10 minutes.
· Ask people to wear a pro-public school t-shirt (“I Love My Public School”, “Go Public”, etc.) or school spirit wear from your local school.
· Make a few signs to remind people that they have 2 important opportunities to speak up for public schools:
o Vote on April 4! State Superintendent of Public Instruction & local school boards
o April 5: Attend the JFC hearings and “People’s Tailgate” at State Fair Park (right now plans are shaping up to hold a Press Conference at 7 am and have an afternoon celebration from 4 – 6 pm that will include students, brats, hotdogs, 20 ft diameter parachutes, etc. There will be tents and tables in the parking lot all day that will serve as a homebase for people giving testimony and showing up to support public schools.)
· Capture photos for social media and post them on your platform; use the hashtags #GoPublic and #WIBudget2017.
Encourage community members to share the posts on social media as well
· Coordinate this effort with MPS and several suburban school districts to amplify our united message.
If this is something you’re able to do, or if you have questions or suggestions, please let us know!